Electronic Music Production
Instructor: Devin P.
With the recent introduction of high-quality-low-cost software and hardware the tools of music production are now available to the masses. Albums are made in bedrooms as well as studios. Anyone can make an album but, if you dig deeper you will find it not so easy. Producing music requires knowledge, dedication, and creativity. Knowledge is where this course comes in! In this class we will study the history of Midi, music production inside a “DAW” Digital Audio Workstation. We will also go over Post-Production. Mixing and editing inside the “DAW”
- To learn an overview of how electronic music works.
- To have knowledge of the history of electronic music. I.E. The History of the synthesizer and its capabilities.
- Post Production- After you have created you masterpiece you need it to sound like the professionals. We will go over all the things needed for great sounding recording.
- The most important goal, to open a side of you musically that you never thought you had in you!
- A Personal Computer (there will be some provided)
- Midi Board or a keyboard board with Midi function available
- Software will be provided
- An Open Mind!
- For Ages 10 & up
Class Schedule: Fridays 4:45pm - 6:15pm
Special Rate: $75 per month / 1 day per week / 90 minutes per session
*Enroll in our Afterschool Program and receive discounted rate on this class and other fine arts classes.